Oh, Meow Meow Tweet how do I love thee, let me count the ways!
Looking for a natural, sustainable, zero waste deodorant that WORKS can be a challenge, but I’ve done the work for you! I’ve tried so many brands, so many formats and scents, but this one is a winner.
1. Alumnium-free. The jury is still somewhat out, but in general, aluminum-containing products are not the greatest, with possible links to cancer and Alzheimer’s, especially when applied to areas of sensitive lymph nodes like the axilla (fancy for armpit!). It can also block sweat glands and prevent the excretion of toxins through sweating. Sweating is a natural process and a way to rid the body of toxins. Sweat is good for you!
2. It comes in a glass jar. There are so many amazing deodorants out there, I’ve heard great reviews, but they ALL come in single-use plastic. Why? Please oh please use glass or the alternative that this company uses - a fun push-pop cardboard style!
3. It’s baking-soda free. While deodorants don’t contain aluminum (antiperspirants do), many natural alternatives use baking soda to absorb odor and sweat. The problem is that many people are allergic or sensitive to baking soda and it can cause redness and irritation which makes those deodorants a non-starter. This one uses arrowroot and magnesium to absorb sweat and odor. And because there is no baking soda, there is also no grit! It has a smooth texture!
4. It smells amazing. My favorite is the grapefruit scent, but it also comes in a soothing lavender. I love that a deodorant can have a fresh, citrusy scent that wakes me up in the morning and doesn’t smell too perfume-y. I've heard rumors about a geranium scent coming!
5. It works. Reasonably. I’ve worn it all day and gone to a barre3 class and still not been stinky! Yes, you will still sweat and you may need to reapply it later in the day, but all in all, I’m super satisfied with the performance!
What’s your favorite, go-to natural deodorant?